From InfiniteERP Wiki
- 1 Introduction
- 2 InfiniteERP User Interface
- 3 Business Flows
- 4 Common Concepts & Processes
InfiniteERP User Interface
If this is the first time you take a look into InfiniteERP, this is the right place to get valuable information which will help you at the time you first use InfiniteERP, as this part gives an overview of the navigation, grid and form editing, tabs, filtering and interface customization.
If InfiniteERP is not new for you, you will discover new user interface capabilities which will make your daily work activities much more efficient Openbravo 3 User Interface
This part lists and briefly explains a set of business flows.
There are several key business areas such as planning, procurement, inventory, sales etc., which can be present in an organization or not depending on the nature of its business. Those key business areas are related between each others, which leads us to the definition of the business flows.
To put us in context, each business flow is listed and briefly explained below:
- Procure to Pay manages the life-cycle of a procure process from the moment the company requests or orders goods, all way through warehouse staff receives the goods and until the supplier invoice is paid.
- Supplier Returns manages the return of goods to supliers for debit or for replacement.
- Order to Cash manages the life-cycle of a sales process, from the moment a customer requests a quotation or orders goods, all way through warehouse staff ships the goods and until the customer pays the invoice.
- Customer Returns manages the return of goods from customers for credit or for replacement.
- Inventory Accuracy implies inventory tracking and goods movements between storage bins or warehouses as well as the valuation of inventory and stock counting.
- MRP Management manages the material and production requirements of a company, by tracking several inputs such as sales forecast and current stocks levels.
- Production Management is in charge of the managing the making of products that either consist of a few components (bill of materials), or are a result of a more complex production process.
- Projects and Services Management addresses Company's Projects of any type.
- Payables and Receivables Management addresses customer collections and supplier payments.
- Bank Statement to Bank Reconciliation addresses the business process for entering and reconciling bank statements with account payable or receivable transactions and cash balances in the general ledger.
- Period End Close to Financial Report manages daily accounting activities as well as the life-cycle of an accounting period. It also allows the business processes for the production of internal and external financial and tax reports.
- Asset Acquisition to Dispose manages global assets life cycle from acquisition to disposition, including depreciation and other write-downs.
- Budget Analysis is all about taking an holistic approach for managing budgets to achieve a single view of the company.
Each of above listed business flow is explained in deep within the InfiniteERP application area where it can be executed.
Common Concepts & Processes
This section lists and describes Openbravo concepts and processes with the aim of avoiding that the same concept or process is explained more than once. Common Concepts & Processes
General Setup is the place where to configure basic Openbravo settings such as the enterprise model, users and roles as well as other more advance setting such as alerts, preferences and processes.
Mater Data is a central repository of data where key information such as business partners and products can be created, configured and therefore shared accross other Openbravo application areas.
Procurement Management supports the management of the orders, goods receipts and purchase invoices as well as the analysis of purchase related data.
Warehouses and storage bins can be created and manage in this application area, as well as inventory count and inventory valuation.
Production Management monitors the production processes and activities as well as support the analysis of production related data.
MRP provides the tools to plan and monitor purchase and production planning by tracking several inputs such as sales forecast and current stock levels.
Sales Management addresses the life-cycle of a sales process and besides provides the tools to analyze sales related information.
Project and Services Management addresses services and multiphase projects and helps on analyzing project related reports.
The "Financial Management" area supports daily accounting activities such as payable and receivable accounts management, assets amortization as well as the opening and closing of the accounting year.